Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hot+Not

Another Sunday, another Hot & not. To play, post your own to your blog and link to Loobylu.
Claire's been blogging for ten years now! This blew me away until I realised I've been dabbling with the internet since 1994 myself. (Which makes it fifteen years since I taught myself HTML with a clunky book and a text editor, back in the spring holiday break of my first highschool year. Scary!)

Hot:
Figuring it out
I've got this doily my great-great grandmother made. I was named after her, and she died when I was very small. It's the only thing I have of hers. I've been trying to figure out a cool thing to do with it that won't trash it and that doesn't amount to "little old lady-esque decor with doilies under stuff" because that's just not my style.

I think I know what I'm going to do, courtesy of Amy at Grey Grid Paper.

Christmas baking
Mmm, Gingerbread. Mmm, sweet things. Mmm, baked goods generally.

Christmas carols
I can't help it, I love them. Even the super-cheesy ones about snowmen and reindeer.
Carollers by Here's Kate on flickr

Midsummer
I love swimming at the beach, thunderstorms, floaty summer dresses, long daylight hours and cicadas singing. Midsummer makes me happy - and it's coming up so soon!

Not:
Crowds at the shops
Ugh. Push, shove, rushrushrush.
Tampines Mall Crowd by xcode on flickr

Unfinished gift shopping
Every year I swear I'll get organised, and there's always somebody(s) I forget. This year I got my own little family sorted out... and now I have to shop for my siblings, parents, grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, in-laws, friends...

Christmas baking
ACK! in the summer heat!

1 comment:

  1. I really like that doily idea. I inherited a few last year that are just floating around my sewing room looking for a home. Perhaps I'll also mount the prettiest.

    ReplyDelete