Saturday, November 7, 2009

Blue Hippo Sublime

A photo of a blue hippo stuffie with pink and blue eyes and a startled expression. Which is wholly accidental. Though kind of cute.I can safely say I feel I'm really getting the hang of this hippo pattern (finally!), though each new incarnation makes me feel even sorrier for the hippos that came before. I'm noticing less tendency to sew folds into their faces, and their bottoms are becoming plumper and more rounded (which, let's face it, is what you want in a hippo behind. Skinny derrieres are Just Not Hippo!). As my first hippo bum was weirdly creased and folded (and I even left off the tail by accident) I hope the other adults with whom I share my home will forgive the fact that I waxed lyrical over my latest hippo behind and don't think I'm too weird for very long.
Best of all, I was able to whip up the latest hippo in a few hours, over a single Friday evening. Yep, us parents of toddlers know how to party!
A photo of three stuffed hippo bottoms, one on top of two others. the top one is folded and creased weirdly. the second is round but not completely filled out, the third (which is blue, rather than pink like the other two) is round and cushy.

No comments:

Post a Comment