Saturday, November 7, 2009

Summery top


I never feel as motivated to make things for myself as for others, but after making my Bug with this bright flowered fabric, I really wanted to make something for myself out of it - and then I could not resist this sweet pattern over at Sew Mama, Sew. I was a bit nervous because I'm built rather differently to the models featured, so tunics like this tend to look rather maternity when I put them on. But I left off the ruffle (think Miss Piggy - and not in a good way), and I'm actually happier with the result than I expected.

Seriously, how can you resist this spring-like fabric combo?

(And yes, in case you're wondering, that IS a row of white around the bottom of the top that you can see. Hack and Slash Seamster that I am, I used the selvedge as my bottom edge. Lazy is the new cool, didn't you know?)

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I want to make this too. I am working on the ruffle skirt which I have found really easy to follow except the &*^$## ruffle lol. I am a novice so it is me and not the pattern that is the problem! I'll get there! I'm loving how it's looking though. so simple.

    ReplyDelete